So many people on RealSelf are saying Botox side effects are permanent? This is new to me - can this happen? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 5
Botox and sideeffects
Botox side effects
BOTOX SIDE EFFECTS
You might also like...
So many people on RealSelf are saying Botox side effects are permanent? This is new to me - can this happen?
Sorry to hear about your response (which is also visible in your photo). The effects of Botox are not permanent. They tend to last for about 3 months in most people (some a little less, some a little longer). If you were treated in October, you should would likely have improvement this month. If you cannot wait, there are eye drops which can be used to help your droopy eyelid.
Also, you may consider a different injector in the future as getting a droopy eyelid is not the goal of treatment and is not common.
I hope this helps and good luck.
Botox effects are not permanent
- I am so sorry this happened and understand your distress.
- Your photo suggests that your Botox was injected into the zygomaticus major and levator palpebrae muscles in error.
- This is not permanent.
- Botox wears off by itself, usually in 3 months.
- In some people it lasts longer, up to a year - and it takes that long to wear off.
- I suspect the person who treated you was not a physician and/or had little experience.
- That said, even in the most experienced hands, these things can happen - but it is disturbing that you had two significant effects that are usually easy to avoid.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.