Noticed blood after massaging Minoxidil into the non transplanted area. (photo)

Hi, I had my FUE HT a month ago. I have been advised to apply minoxidil 2 times everyday. I gently massage the minoxidil into the non transplanted area after applying it. My friend noticed blood on my scalp this morning. Have I touch the transplanted hair as well? Or it this something else? Have I done any damage? Please advice, I'm worried! Thanks

Blood at 2 Months

At two months it would be very difficult to damage your grafts, assuming the healing process up to this point has been normal. But, blood from applying Minoxidil is not normal or a good sign. Ask your doctor right away what may be causing this and what steps to take from here, because at two months post op there really shouldn't ever be blood on your scalp.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is not clear why you would have bleeding from a massage. It would be best to see your doctor for an examination.

It is not clear why you would have bleeding from a massage.  It would be best to see your doctor for an examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What is wrong?

Their appears to be drainage from the scalp so I wonder if you have an infection in the recipient area. Go back and see your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil after hair transplant

I doubt you did any serious damage.   Continue with your post operative treatment plan and follow up with your doctor if it gets worse.

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon