Noticed blood after massaging Minoxidil into the non transplanted area. (photo)

Hi, I had my FUE HT a month ago. I have been advised to apply minoxidil 2 times everyday. I gently massage the minoxidil into the non transplanted area after applying it. My friend noticed blood on my scalp this morning. Have I touch the transplanted hair as well? Or it this something else? Have I done any damage? Please advice, I'm worried! Thanks

It is not clear why you would have bleeding from a massage. It would be best to see your doctor for an examination.

It is not clear why you would have bleeding from a massage.  It would be best to see your doctor for an examination.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What is wrong?

Their appears to be drainage from the scalp so I wonder if you have an infection in the recipient area. Go back and see your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil after hair transplant

I doubt you did any serious damage.   Continue with your post operative treatment plan and follow up with your doctor if it gets worse.

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon