Would I benefit from a gum lift? (Photo)

If so, beyond the gum lift are my teeth too twisted around the canines to have veneers put in? Or would bonding work better? Ultimately I would like to know what would be the best solution/solutions for fixing my teeth.

Cosmetic Gum Reshaping and Invisalign®

After looking at your photo's I would suggest orthodontic treatment first to correct the alignment of your teeth. Conventional wires and brackets or Invisalign® could be the answer as it will give your dentist a better idea how your teeth and gums will look after your orthodontic procedure. Quite frankly, you may love the results and not need cosmetic gum reshaping or cosmetic gum contouring.
If you are still not happy after you have had your orthodontic procedure, I would suggest cosmetic gum reshaping or cosmetic gum contouring along with porcelain veneers. 
Whatever your decision please post after pictures so that we can see your beautiful new smile!

Redondo Beach Dentist

A Gum Lift Can Help

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you could benefit from laser gum contouring (sometimes called a gum lift). If you are considering orthodontic work for your teeth, your orthodontist will be able to diagnose the cause of your gummy smile and suggest a treatment plan. Gum contouring combined with a lip lowering procedure is often the best approach for reducing the appearance of a gummy smile.

Alex Farnoosh, DMD
Los Angeles Dentist

Gum lift or not?

It appears from your smile that you do show 1-2 mm more of your gums than may be ideal.  What could be of greater concern for you however is the fact that the teeth are not perfectly aligned and the canines are prominent. You may want to consider braces first and get the teeth into an ideal position, this will facilitate easy maintenance for a life time.  An orthodontist should be able to give you a simulation of the possible end result prior to starting treatment. More than likely you will be very surprised how good they could look.  If you are still not happy with the shape of your teeth and the amount of gums showing you could then proceed with a gum lift and the veneers.  The resulting treatment would probably be more conservative than before. 

Your incisors and canines do appear 'peg' or small, which is not helped by the fact you have a mild overgrowth of gummy tissue in proportion to your teeth. Just based on these photos, you would likely benefit from a minor to moderate crown-lengthening followed by placement of veneers for your crooked and gapped teeth if you want to skip a treatment like Invisalign or getting braces. If you are more comfortable waiting, orthodontia to fix the crookedness and gaps might be a better long term solution

Parsa T. Zadeh, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Gum recontouring and veneers

Your smile is ideal for laser gum recontouring and veneers.  This combination would give you a beautiful dazzling smile.