Belly button piercing after a mini tummy tuck, belly button untouched? (Photo)

A few days ago I had a mini tummy tuck. I've always wanted my naval pierced but I've never felt comfortable enough to do it. Now I'm feeling super great and want to go for it! I realize I need to wait but I'm curious about how long should I wait? My belly button wasn't touched, my incision is real low (as you guys know :D).

DrDerby

Thank you for your question. You can pierce your belly button at anytime butit strongly recommend to wait 3 months post op before doing anything that specific to your body. Best of luck

Peircing

If your belly button wasnt touched, theoretically you could pierce it any time.  However, you may want to wait for 3-6 weeks while your incision is healing.  If your piercing got infected, it could impact your result.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon