Liquid Facelift; how long would this last?

I've been researching liquid face lifts in Real Self and the results are amazing. How long would this last; especially since I'm seeing some have paid up to $3,000.

Longevity of liquid face lifts depends on....

The longevity of liquid face lifts depends on many factors- your age, your genetic, factors such as sun exposure, smoking, and most importantly the type of fillers used. HA fillers can last up to 2 years and beyond and work by replenishing loss volume and improving skin tone. Other fillers such as Radiaesse, can stimulate collagen, see video below. Each face is different, and hence the filler of choice will depend on your age and structure. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Liquid facelift gives instant results

A liquid facelift is a non-surgical procedure done by injecting dermal fillers to give volume or plump the skin and/or injecting a neurotoxin so that the skin appears temporarily youthful and tighter. Dermal fillers can last between 6 – 12 months and neurotoxin can last between 4 – 6 months, sometimes longer. These procedures can be done in a standard office visit and have little to no down time.  Make sure that you go to an experienced provider that has experience in injectables.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of a liquid facelift

Thank you for your question.  A liquid facelift typically refers to the non-surgical rejuvenation as an alternative to a surgical facelift.  Our faces will 'deflate' with the aging process, i.e. we lose volume in our face.  In addition, we tend to lose support in our facial tissues in terms of loss of collagen, elastin and other support structures in our face.  The liquid facelift is most commonly a term that address the 'deflation' process by adding volume with dermal fillers.  Dermal fillers tend to have different longevity, but answering this question tends to be more nuanced.  Typically, people tend to see their results last anywhere from 6 months to a couples years depending on the product, how much was used and where it was placed. I often tell patients that a more appropriate way to think about it is the analogy of a glass of water. If you come to visit and the glass is 1/4 full (or 3/4 empty), then we need 3/4 of water to fill it up.  In six months, you may notice the glass is 3/4 full (i.e. you lost 1/4 of the glass volume).  At 1 year, you may notice that the glass is 1/2 full.  At 18-24 months, you may notice that you are back to where you started. In addition, patients are losing more volume as they age so some patients may get the impression that if they only do one treatment to fill the glass, then after a couple years they may feel like the glass is even more empty than when they first started. Most of my patients will come every 3-4 months for their Botox / Dysport treatments and we reassess their facial concerns.  It is fairly common to address a portion of the volume loss as they come in.  For example, if we did a cheek treatment last time, then we might address tear troughs this time.  The next time, we might address the temples or forehead/brows with dermal fillers.  The following time, we might do the lips and nasolabial folds or define the jawline.  Very commonly, if we are following this plan, we also 'touch up' areas that are starting to show the 3/4 full appearance.  At times, we do it all at once and then maintain with 'touch-up' treatments using far less volume every 6-12 months rather than wait until the glass is 1/4 full again. I would recommend that you visit with an experience board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who can help develop an aesthetic care plan for you. 

Facial Scuplting

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain a more youthful attractive look with injection of hyaluronic acid fillers (liquid face lift with dermal fillers such as juvederm, resylane, emervel, belotero) as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  A liquid facelift is a non-invasive procedure, by injecting fillers into the soft tissue to provide volume so that the skin appears youthful and tighter. While these are temporary (lasting from 9-18 months), they are also quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results, please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Liquid Facelift costs

It all depends on the product being used and what area of the country you are having the procedure done.  Here in Beverly Hills, I use Volume or Restylane Lyft for the cheeks which last up to 2 years.  I use Juvederm or Restylane for the lips, nasal labial folds, and marionette lines which lasts for about a year.  Botox lasts 3-4 months.  However these are only estimates, patients with higher metabolism will need touchups more frequent.  Although it can last up to those time limits, the product does degrade over time so I notice much of the product is usually gone by 12-18 months for Volume and Lyft, and about 8-10 months for Juvederm and Restylane.

Best of luck and hope this information helps.

- Dr. Roger Tsai  

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Liquid facelift longevity

Hi there, 

The results from a liquid facelift we do usually last up to 2 years or more. The way this is done is using a product called Sculptra, which works over time and is FDA indicated to last 2+ years. To fill the hollows under the eyes and build cheeks we use a product called Voluma, which is FDA indicated to last up to 2 years. Each vial of Sculptra at our office is $699 and Voluma is $799. This adds up when you're getting a liquid facelift but the results can be long-lasting and very natural looking, much more natural looking than from a traditional (surgical) facelift. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Duration of "liquid face lift"

Assuming that you are an appropriate candidate then fillers and Botox can be used to make major enhancements to the look of aging.  The duration of the fillers varies depending on what is used: a thinner product is needed for the lower lids whereas a thicker one is used to replenish volume in the cheeks, etc.  In general I would advise that Botox last up to 4 months.  The fillers will last 6-18 months, possibly a bit longer, depending on where they are being used and what is injected.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training &
Assistant Clinical Professor,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Liquid Facelift

Thank you for your question in regards to a liquid face lift. Botox can last 3-4 months, Juvederm can last 6-12 months depending on the area that is injected and Voluma can last up to 2 years in your cheeks. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

The different products used in a liquid facelift will wear off at different times.  Neurotoxins such as Botox will wear off after 3-4 months, while most Hyaluronic fillers will last for 9-12 months.  There are several products which may last longer, such as Sculptra that lasts up to 2 years.  This should be discussed with your injector so that you know what is being used and what to expect.  In general, someone who has a liquid facelift will do touch-ups of the filler component 1-2 times yearly, while they will return for Botox more frequently.  

Liquid Facelift

Injectable facial fillers are cutting edge treatments which can help keep skin looking younger by restoring lost volume and filling deeper lines and furrows. They are used to perform a "liquid face-lift" by providing comprehensive facial rejuvenation. These treatments typically involve little to no downtime, can be performed quickly and easily in the office setting, and are an excellent option for individuals who opt for a less invasive procedure. Depending on the type of injectable used they can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Botox and/or Dysport typically lasts 3-4 months. 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon