Liquid Facelift; how long would this last?

I've been researching liquid face lifts in Real Self and the results are amazing. How long would this last; especially since I'm seeing some have paid up to $3,000.

Longevity of fillers

Thank you for your question. The length of a liquid facelift can vary substantially based on what's injected. However most of the results will last roughly a year, with parts of it, such as Botox, needing touch ups every 3/4 months. Good luck! 

Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

9-12 months for Liquid Facelift

Thank you for your question. Liquid Facelift helps restore your face’s naturally young and healthy appearance. The treatment uses dermal fillers such as Restylane and Bellafill which help your wrinkles dissipate and any sunken areas of your face. Results will typically last 9-12 months. For more information, please get a in person consultation from a board-certified dermatologist. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Depends on what is used....

There are 2 factors which contribute to how long the results lasts: 1) your rate of aging, and 2) which fillers are used. If you're average for both, then you're looking at the fillers lasting1.0 to 2.5 years overall. The Dysport and Botox has to be redone every 3 to 4 months. Be sure you find a certified injector with experience in non-surgical facelift. 

Warmest regards, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Li

The longevity of the lift depends on which fillers used, how much is used, as well as how fast your own body breaks down the fillers.  For example, Voluma can last up to 2 years, while Juvederm Ultra Plus can last 6-12 months.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Longevity of a liquid facelift

Liquid facelift longevity depends on myriad of factors some of which include age, amount of volume loss, type of fillers used as well as others.  Some fillers can last over a year, while others last less. It is optimal for you to seek out a board certified facial plastic surgeon or board certified dermatologist who has extensive experience and an aesthetic eye for this and who can tailor exactly to your needs while maximizing longevity of the options. Best of luck!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Longevity of liquid face lifts depends on....

The longevity of liquid face lifts depends on many factors- your age, your genetic, factors such as sun exposure, smoking, and most importantly the type of fillers used. HA fillers can last up to 2 years and beyond and work by replenishing loss volume and improving skin tone. Other fillers such as Radiaesse, can stimulate collagen, see video below. Each face is different, and hence the filler of choice will depend on your age and structure. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Liquid facelift gives instant results

A liquid facelift is a non-surgical procedure done by injecting dermal fillers to give volume or plump the skin and/or injecting a neurotoxin so that the skin appears temporarily youthful and tighter. Dermal fillers can last between 6 – 12 months and neurotoxin can last between 4 – 6 months, sometimes longer. These procedures can be done in a standard office visit and have little to no down time.  Make sure that you go to an experienced provider that has experience in injectables.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of a liquid facelift

Thank you for your question.  A liquid facelift typically refers to the non-surgical rejuvenation as an alternative to a surgical facelift.  Our faces will 'deflate' with the aging process, i.e. we lose volume in our face.  In addition, we tend to lose support in our facial tissues in terms of loss of collagen, elastin and other support structures in our face.  The liquid facelift is most commonly a term that address the 'deflation' process by adding volume with dermal fillers.  Dermal fillers tend to have different longevity, but answering this question tends to be more nuanced.  Typically, people tend to see their results last anywhere from 6 months to a couples years depending on the product, how much was used and where it was placed. I often tell patients that a more appropriate way to think about it is the analogy of a glass of water. If you come to visit and the glass is 1/4 full (or 3/4 empty), then we need 3/4 of water to fill it up.  In six months, you may notice the glass is 3/4 full (i.e. you lost 1/4 of the glass volume).  At 1 year, you may notice that the glass is 1/2 full.  At 18-24 months, you may notice that you are back to where you started. In addition, patients are losing more volume as they age so some patients may get the impression that if they only do one treatment to fill the glass, then after a couple years they may feel like the glass is even more empty than when they first started. Most of my patients will come every 3-4 months for their Botox / Dysport treatments and we reassess their facial concerns.  It is fairly common to address a portion of the volume loss as they come in.  For example, if we did a cheek treatment last time, then we might address tear troughs this time.  The next time, we might address the temples or forehead/brows with dermal fillers.  The following time, we might do the lips and nasolabial folds or define the jawline.  Very commonly, if we are following this plan, we also 'touch up' areas that are starting to show the 3/4 full appearance.  At times, we do it all at once and then maintain with 'touch-up' treatments using far less volume every 6-12 months rather than wait until the glass is 1/4 full again. I would recommend that you visit with an experience board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who can help develop an aesthetic care plan for you. 

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Facial Scuplting

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain a more youthful attractive look with injection of hyaluronic acid fillers (liquid face lift with dermal fillers such as juvederm, resylane, emervel, belotero) as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  A liquid facelift is a non-invasive procedure, by injecting fillers into the soft tissue to provide volume so that the skin appears youthful and tighter. While these are temporary (lasting from 9-18 months), they are also quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results, please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Liquid Facelift costs

It all depends on the product being used and what area of the country you are having the procedure done.  Here in Beverly Hills, I use Volume or Restylane Lyft for the cheeks which last up to 2 years.  I use Juvederm or Restylane for the lips, nasal labial folds, and marionette lines which lasts for about a year.  Botox lasts 3-4 months.  However these are only estimates, patients with higher metabolism will need touchups more frequent.  Although it can last up to those time limits, the product does degrade over time so I notice much of the product is usually gone by 12-18 months for Volume and Lyft, and about 8-10 months for Juvederm and Restylane.

Best of luck and hope this information helps.

- Dr. Roger Tsai  

Roger Tsai, MD