Any suggestions for Bulbous Tip and Bulbous Nose? (photos)

I would love to get some input on nose, wrinkles, and wanting my lips more voluminous, and upturned. I always look mean, especially with my 11's. I have several acne scarring on my cheeks and lower jaw below cheeks. Liquid facelift?

Facial rejuvination

Thank you for your question.  You have several great questions and I highly recommend a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon.  There are a variety of treatments that I would recommend that in combination would yield the results you desire.  Skin care, neurotoxin (Botox) to help ease the glabellar, forehead, and crows feet lines, and some dermal filler to help with deeper indentations.  I think you would see great benefit from lip filler as well.  For your nose, I recommend a formal rhinoplasty consultation in addition to assessing any functional concerns such as obstruction.  

Wish you the best!

Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combo technique

You can be helped with a combo technique.
Botox for the 11s of your frown with some Juvederm for filling of your 11's and nasolabial/marionette grooves.
Voluma to enhance your cheeks and help with lift.
Skin care and lasers for your skin and fine wrinkles.

Liquid face lift, correcting nose, lines, lip fullness

Thank you for your question about your liquid face lift.
  • Botox will definitely help the '11s' and other muscle-action lines.
  • Filler to your lips should give you fullness and some turn p.
  • Acne scars are often well filled with Radiesse, a long lasting filler.
  • Fine lines often respond beautifully to topical skin care and medium peels - such as the Obagi system.
  • It isn't clear from the photos if the issue with your nose is from muscle pull (Botox will treat), loss of soft tissue to cover the underlying anatomy (fillers will treat) or thickening of the cartilage (a tip plasty may be needed.)
  • There are many excellent plastic surgeons in your area - I suggest a consultation.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Any suggestions for Bulbous Tip and Bulbous Nose?

Thank you for your questions and photographs. I think you are an excellent liquid facelift candidate as Botox can help address your vertical "11's" as well as horizontal forehead wrinkles, while fillers can be placed into your cheeks, laugh lines and lips to camouflage creases and increase your lip volume.  Some adjustment to a nose can be obtained with filler placement, but in most cases of a bulbous tip surgery is needed to adjust the underlying cartilage. Hope that this helps. 

Nose and acne scars and frown

Surgery is the only answer for you nose.    Botox will take care of your frown.     Filler such as juvederm will be the liquid face lift that helps your acne scars.My Brest,   Dr Commons

Facial and nasal rejuvenation

Hello Glitzyglamdiva-
Find a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable and he/she will be able to help you with any office procedures likes botox, fillers, peels, lasers, micro needling, etc or surgical procedures like a rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, etc. 
To help you find a great surgeon, look at all their website photos of all areas of the face & body and see if you like their postop results. All areas should look natural. If you find that person, make an appt and see what they say.
Good luck.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

"The Liquid Facelift" Is Actually A Set Of Smaller Tools, Not A One Size Fits All Solution For Facial Rejuvenation

The list of concerns you present are ones we very commonly hear in our practice. The first issue to address is that I feel the term "liquid facelift" is a misnomer. It actually represents a grab bag of disparate injectable and skin resurfacing treatments that are part of a larger continuum of procedures, both surgical and nonsurgical to address the aging face, and improve facial aesthetics overall.  

That said, certainly your cheeks and overall facial contour would be nicely improved with injection of a filler such as a Voluma over the malar area.  To augment the effect of the Voluma in the cheeks, a procedure such as the Precision lift, which incorporates a laser to tighten the skin of the submental region and jawline, and melt the subcutaneous fat in these areas, before it is removed by liposuction, would enhance the V-shape of the face you are trying to achieve. 

The rhytids in your glabellar region (the "11s") would respond nicely to injection with botox, as would the regions of your crows feet and forehead, the latter of which might also afford you a slight lift of the lateral tail of your brow on either side.  Injection of your lips with a filler such as restylane silk or juvederm would make a nice improvement in the shape and volume of your lips, as well as brighten your smile, and your face overall.  Skin resurfacing with a fraxel laser could improve the texture, pores and pigmentation of your skin.  The corners of your mouth could be elevated a little bit by injection of the DAO (depressor anguli iris muscles) with small doses of botox.  

Lastly, although filler can be used to achieve very slight improvement of the bulbous shape of your nasal tip, to satisfy your aesthetic goals for the appearance of your nose, I believe you would be best served by rhinoplasty to reshape the tip of your nose, and optimize its shape and contour to the rest of your nasal proportions.  Not every surgical goal can be achieved through the injection of "liquid", but if you choose the right procedure, you will be pleasantly surprised by what can be achieved.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

11's and other things

You have a small list there so I'll try to summarize.  Botox works best for the "11's" between the eyes so you don't look "mean" all the time. Wrinkles on your face are best addressed with combination therapy.  Meaning you should start a physician strength skin care program and looking into various procedures that resurface the skin so it will be smoother (usually chemical peels or lasers).  This also addresses the acne scarring.

You would also benefit from something that is more structure-building like Voluma over your cheekbones to provide a lift of the skin.  Voluma has become so popular because it is safe, reversible, instant gratification and the results are amazing and long-lasting.  Your third picture shows a more rectangular face because the cheeks are diminished and so the lower half of the face looks wider, with Voluma, the cheeks heighten causing the lower face to thin, more like your former self pictures.  This is also called a "liquid facelift".  Start here, it's a real ego-builder.

Lips can be volumized with various fillers depending on the desired look.  Consider Juvederm, Belotero, or Restylane Silk.

Lastly your nose, I like it.  If you want to change it you should see a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  A nose is a unique identifier on a face, and changing it could make you look like someone else.  Is the goal to look like you but more like your younger self, or someone else? I wouldn't recommend you start here mainly for this reason.

Find a Board Certified Dermatologist to get you started on the skin care and resurfacing, and if they are also an expert in facial contouring for the liquid lift, you will be off to a great start.  Best Wishes, Marla Klein MD

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your questions and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a liquid facelift. Botox or Dysport would treat your "11's" and filler such as Restylane or Juvederm Ultra would restore fullness to both your upper and lower lips. You should also consider Sculptra for global volumization. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in facial rejuvenation. Hope this helps.