What kind of surgery do I need? (Photo)

I am wondering if I need a brow lift or eyelid surgery or something else. I hate the fat pockets that go over my eyelid . I have always had them and it makes it difficult to put on liner and makes me look tired. For reference , I am half Thai and Half Caucasian . Thanks!!

Blepharoplasty

Hi.  Based on your photo, I see some excess upper eyelid skin, but little bulging fat and a normal brow position.  I would say that a blepharoplasty, not a brow lift, would be the procedure of choice.  Best to speak with a local plastic surgeon for a more detailed evaluation.

Blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tired Eyes

A brow lift and/or an upper lid blepharoplasty should be discussed during a consultation after an examination and consideration of your goals. Your lower lids can be improved with fat or filler injection at the lid margin and perhaps some skin excision on one eyelid.

Tired Eyes

Brow lift vs. eyelid surgery

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  Sagging and heaviness of the upper eyelids can be caused by multiple factors, including sagging upper lid skin, bulging fat, and drooping of the eyebrow.  The optimal treatment can vary from one person to another.  Based on the picture that you provided, it appears that you certainly have sagging upper eyelid skin.  I don't see any apparent bulging fat and your brow position and brow arch look good.  It is my opinion that an upper eyelid blepharoplasty would allow removal of the sagging, redundant skin and enhance the appearance of your eyes.  I do not think a brow lift would be necessary at this time.  I hope this information is helpful.

Brow lift vs. eyelid surgery

Eyelid surgery

A blepharoplasty surgery to remove the excess skin on your upper eyelids would help the appearance of your eyes.  Your brows are a bit low and depending on your hairline a procedure to elevate your brows would brighten your eyes. 

Eyelid surgery

Eyelid rejuvenation

Thanks for sharing.  From what I can see, there is excess skin above your eyelids.  You brows seem to be in an appropriate position.  My opinion, an upper lid blepharaplasty would be the appropriate procedure but you would need to be seen in person for final decision and treatment plan. It is a simple and rewarding surgical procedure that can be done under local anesthesia.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Eyelid rejuvenation

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Blepharoplasty

Hi there and thank you for your question.

From the photo my impression is that your brow is in an appropriate position and that you simply have a little extra skin over your upper lids. This can usually be removed at surgery. I am not seeing the fat pockets that you are write about, but often they are best seen from the side.

Obviously a though history and examination is required to really tell you your requirements, but hopefully you find that useful.

All the best
Dr Sam Cunneen
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Perth, Western Australia

Sam Cunneen, MBBS, FRACS
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

All the best
Dr Sam Cunneen
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Perth, Western Australia

Sam Cunneen, MBBS, FRACS
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Browlift Advice

Dear design1983,

The browlift will reposition the brow and get rid of any sagging. Brow lift and forehead lift also act to smooth horizontal forehead lines and the ‘vertical 11’s’ between the brows. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest-quality knowledge, treatment, care and surgical talent available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift Advice

Dear design1983,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tired eyes

Rest assured this can be safely addressed with an upper eyelid skin removal and fat pat excision. This can be done under a varying forms of anesthesia such as light sedation or local. 
Mad we age our tissues that hold fat pockets in place get lax and the fat becomes more prevelant. The procedure removes excess skin and fat to give a more youthful appearance. My schedule is Thai and had this exact procedure as did many of her Thai friends. Most patients with some Caucasion heritage have a well positioned eyelid crease which makes the procedure more straightforward. Best wishes

Tired eyes

Browlift versus upper eyelid surgery

A browlift is performed when patients have low-set eyebrows. Upper eye lid surgery is performed  when patients have extra skin on the upper eyelids. In the photographs, there is no evidence of any fat pockets over the eyelid, eyelid surgery would get rid of the excess skin creating the folds in the upper lids. For many examples of both procedures, please see link and the video below

Browlift versus upper eyelid surgery

4 lid blepharoplasty

I would consult with your local oculoplastic surgeon to go over the details of your lids, which you would like to correct. This is a very subjective thing and needs the discussion between the patient and surgeon.

Pierre Guibor, MD
New Jersey Oculoplastic Surgeon

4 lid blepharoplasty

Pierre Guibor, MD
New Jersey Oculoplastic Surgeon