I'm 58 and sweat profusely at the back of my hair line. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Can not afford botox

I sweat profusely at the back of my hair line. Any answers would be great appreciated.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your hyperhidrosis issues.  For the back of the hairline the best treatment remains Botox to afford anywhere from 3 to 6 months of relief.  Ask your local plastic surgeon about financing options that may make treatment more achievable.  

Sweating at Hairline

Botox is the best treatment here. I suggest you see an expert for treatments when you can afford, the treatments last 3-6 months.  Oral pills can be used but have systemic issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

Thanks for your inquiry. I would have to say that Dysport or Botox would be your best options. If you are not able to afford the treatment you can always use the clinics financing company. The one i use at my clinic is Medicard and Crelogix. The use of Botox or Dysport for the treatment of hyperhidrosis can be most effective when performed by a physician who has received special training from the International Hyperhidrosis Society and who has experience with the procedure. So be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience. Online reviews may be helpful. Best of Luck!

Tablets vs creams vs BOTOX

Botox is by far the best and most reliable, but also the most expensive. This treatment is subsidised in Australia for underarm sweating only (Specialist only indication). You have a few other cheap treatment options- speak to your doctor about propantheline bromide or oxybutin, another solution is glycopyrollate lotion. All the bestDavin Lim Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist