I'm in need of Liposuction and a tummy tuck in one surgery, is this possible?

I gained weight, left it unchecked and over time, stretched my belly to a droop. Recently, on a juice fast, i lost 100lbs and its terribly saggy. I not only need lips to finish up size wise, but a abdominoplasty. MY breast, have always been large, i'd like lipo and and a lift there as well. I'm willing to travel for a surgery, but will i be required to stay near for the remainder of the healing?

Liposuction and tummy tuck candidate.

Thank you for your question. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time.  For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation.  This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma.  Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days.  By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the  sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City.  Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy tuck and liposuction in one session?

Thank you for asking about your  tummy tuck and liposuction.
  • You sound like a very good candidate for these procedures -
  • Congratulations on getting your weight under control!
  • Liposuction, a tummy tuck and breast lift and liposuction often can be done in one session-
  • The chief guide is your health, your weight and the estimated time of surgery.
  • Elective surgery is usually best done in 6 hours or less to reduce your risk.
  • Most plastic surgeons will want you to stay in the area to recover for about 2 weeks -
  • Tummy tuck do have a risk of blood clots and your surgeon will want to be sure it's safe for you to travel.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Combination Procedures

Congrats on your weight loss. Combination procedures can be safely done in the right facility with the proper aftercare. I keep my out of town patients 10 days to 2 weeks, so you would need to take that in to consideration if you are travelling for surgery. 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- HI DEF PHYSIQUE

We call this hi def physique.  you can do both liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lift all at once if you are medically healthy and a candidate.  Please only see a VASER 4D Contouring physician this type of procedure requires not only fat reduction but also skin tightening, cellulite reduction, and defining.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction and a tummy tuck in one surgery, is this possible?

You may be a good candidate for both procedures. It could be done as a combination operation and would most likely improve your contour

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your description, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift can safely be performed at the same time, in a healthy patient. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction and a tummy tuck can safely be performed together in a single procedure, and it is one of the more commonly combined operations.  Depending on the extent of tummy tuck and liposuction you may need to stage your breast procedure in a second stage but only a full series of photographs or in-person examination can help determine this.  Hope this helps.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. You sound like an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast lift. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck

I appreciate your question. I specialize in breast and body contouring procedures. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon