I am 2 weeks in. Can I take an over the counter water pill? Still holding a lot of fluid. My dr doesn't use drains.

These types of questions are best addressed to your plastic surgeon. In my practice, I would advise against using diuretics. Their use may lead to problems such as dehydration and/or electrolyte imbalances. Best wishes.

Breast reduction, 2 weeks postop

Hello Ksue, Thanks for the question.  At two weeks you are still relatively early postop, and it is normal to have some degree of swelling, especially in the lower poles of the breasts.  Any systemic (pill form) diuretic is going to dehydrate you, in this case in an effort to pull fluid out of the local breast area as you are hoping.  A better solution is usually focused massage or compression in the area to work the fluid back into your general circulation.  See your plastic surgeon for an exam and to discuss this in your specific case.  Best wishes,
--
Erik Hoy
Rhode Island Plastic Surgeon

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

Holding fluid 2 wks post-op

At this point in time it would be fine for you to do this. Remember they can make you lose potassium so eat a banana or two.

Karen Quigley, MD