Traveling fillers; How long will I need to be emotionless?

I recently had restylane put into my nasal folds- the nurse told me to refrain from smiling and laughing because the filler will move. How long will I need to be emotionless? Thx!

Restylane--Post-injection results

Filler like Restylane does have a chance of some migration or displacement after injected. However, it is not realistic to ask a patient not to smile post injection or have an emotional response that triggers facial movement. In my practice I suggest waiting 24 hours for any exercise or extreme activity, but they can go back to normal routine immediately after walking out of the office. Please consult with an experienced cosmetic physician if you experience any irregularities. Best, Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician

Its Ok to Smile after Fillers

While some product migration can potentially occur this is not likely especially if the filler is well placed.  It is difficult to be emotionless after fillers.  In areas where there is greater movement, filler longevity may not be as much however you will still have great results.  So go ahead and smile!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Facial movement after injection with filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. In my opinion, this is not a practical recommendation. It is OK to go about your normal business after injection of filler, but you obviously want to take it relatively easy and try to minimize trauma to injected areas. Best of luck Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon