Incorrect placement of Juvederm?

I'm 34 years old and my doctor injected 1cc of juvederm total into my laugh lines. Now my laugh lines are smooth but they are slightly puffy and accentuating my sinking jowls, making my cheek concave in one area and protruding by my laugh lines. I have since learned that Voluma in the cheek should be used instead to smooth laugh lines. Should I wait out the 8 months until the juvederm subsides or is there another intervention that can be done to even out the contour of my face?

Laugh L

Sometimes there best correction for laugh lines is placement of Voluma in the mid-face. This helps with lifting the cheeks and pulling it away from the laugh lines.  You can have the Juvederm dissolved now with Vitrase.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm into NL folds

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. 

Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. However, you could have the filler dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm For Laugh Lines

Thank you for your question and sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  I would advise you to wait 2 weeks after injection to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concerns, please see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes! 

Unhappy with Juvederm to smile lines

Without a picture, it is hard to advise. Juvederm is not a bad product for this area. I would discuss your results with your provider and if not happy still, seek another opinion. Additional filler might help, otherwise dissolving the current filler will get you back to where you were.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fillers

There is not one specific filler that must be used. Voluma is one, Juverderm and restylanelyft are others.  You would have to be seen in person to determine what wouldl be ideal.

Filler

Sorry to hear about your experience. You are right in that Voluma or Sculptra can be used to provide a lift to the cheeks but placing Juvederm or Restylane to the folds is also an option particularly if there is a budget limitation. If you just had this done, give it a few weeks to allow for some swelling to settle down but if you really hate it, the Juvederm can likely be dissolved.  Good luck.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon