Do I need to get surgery on my eyebrow/eyelid? (photo)

I'm 24.. My eyebrow and eyelid droop more on my right side. Do I need to be concerned? It's been this way for years. Is it bad enough for surgery?

Ptotic lid

Your photo suggests a ptotic, or droopy, right eyelid with compensatory elevation of the right eyebrow.  Ptosis of the eyelid may be congenital, or associated with aging, trauma, or previous surgery.  Ptosis repair is a surgical procedure to elevate the eyelid, and is performed for both cosmetic and functional (vision-limiting) reasons.  Seek out an experienced Oculoplastic surgeon for your evaluation and discussion of treatment.  A good place t start is on the website for the American Association of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.  Good luck!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Brows

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in office consult.   It is difficult without a face to face exam to tell you exactly what can be done. Based on your photos, you may be able to use a small amount of Botox to even out your brows and give you a more symmetrical look.   Best of luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon