Do I need to get surgery on my eyebrow/eyelid? (photo)

I'm 24.. My eyebrow and eyelid droop more on my right side. Do I need to be concerned? It's been this way for years. Is it bad enough for surgery?

Eyebrow/eyelid asymmetry

There are good and bad doctors in every speciality (plastic surgery, oculo-plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, facial plastic surgery).  So please, don't fall into that ridiculous statement!!     Yes, there is a mild asymmetry, and I guess it bothers you enough to take the time to post this picture.  I don't see any lid ptosis.  So I would decide which side you like more.  I you like your left side thats a little lower, you could have some botox place above the right brow in the forehead area only and it will drop the right brow some.  Or if you like the right side more, you could have the left brow raised slightly and a mild amount of the left upper eyelid skin removed to match the look of the left upper eyelid.  Thats how I see it.  

Ptotic lid

Your photo suggests a ptotic, or droopy, right eyelid with compensatory elevation of the right eyebrow.  Ptosis of the eyelid may be congenital, or associated with aging, trauma, or previous surgery.  Ptosis repair is a surgical procedure to elevate the eyelid, and is performed for both cosmetic and functional (vision-limiting) reasons.  Seek out an experienced Oculoplastic surgeon for your evaluation and discussion of treatment.  A good place t start is on the website for the American Association of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Brows

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in office consult.   It is difficult without a face to face exam to tell you exactly what can be done. Based on your photos, you may be able to use a small amount of Botox to even out your brows and give you a more symmetrical look.   Best of luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon