Can you give me a rough estimate for a mommy/body overhaul? I would like to have everything done at the same time (Photo)

I live in Upstate SC. I'm 5'2" 170lbs will do surgery @ 145ish lbs. I have 4 children and the battle scars to show for it!! I want a (laymans) tummy tuck, breast lift, lipo on my flank, abdomen, thighs and arms. I don't think I will need implants. Not sure if my arms need a lift or just lipo. Is it possible for a doctor to do all of that at once? I'm healthy except for weight. I rather just recover one big, painful time. What would this overhaul cost? I want to have $ in order before a consult.

Healing and Activity Following a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain.
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Can you give me a rough estimate for a mommy/body overhaul? I would like to have everything done at the same time

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you contact The American Society of Plastic Surgery website for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Then you can contact their offices directly for a quote.  Price varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, duration of procedure, anesthesia ..

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Costs

As Mommy Makeover costs can vary from state to state and surgeon to surgeon, it is impossible to give you an estimate. Although you will save money having the procedures done at once as part of a "Mommy Makeover" procedure. I would suggest that you contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) for a quote. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover".

A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy: most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy). Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery. You may find the attached link, dedicated to “mommy makeover” surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.