Pole fitness competitor wanting implants after breastfeeding, which option is best? (photo)

I was a D before pregnancy and a DDD while breast feeding. I am now a C, but have a lot of excess skin. They aren't saggy, just a lot of rippling and very little volume on top. I have thin skin up top from stretch marks. I'm a competitive pole dancer and I was wondering the best option for me. I want to just have my fullness back but still keep a natural shape. I also don't want to take more than a couple months off of training. Should I go under or over the muscle and what type of implant?

Breast augmentation

There are advantages and disadvantages to placing the implants above or below the muscle.  However, even in patients who have implants under the muscle, they are returned to full, unrestricted activity in 4 weeks.As previously stated, an in person evaluation is needed before a surgical plan is formulated.
Good luck!

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Implants

You would have to be seen in person, but it sounds like you might be a good candidate for implants. Best of luck.

Pole fitness competitor wanting implants after breastfeeding, which option is best?

As you can see, you are one of the few patients whom I see whom I believe may be best suited for placement of silicone implants in a sublandular position.  Recognize that this is a compromise due to the greater risk of visible rippline and capsular contracture.  I would consider a conservatively sized implant and possibly (but not definitely) a skin reduction procedure and fat grafting (if you have any excess fat).Meeting with one or more ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons until you find a surgeon with whom you are comfortable will help you in making your choices.  If you would consider giving up the pole exercising (I'll bet that you won't!) you'd be better off with a subpectoral placement of the implants.Good luck with your decisions.  Enjoy your results. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your question and photos!  It is very difficult to make recommendations with an in person consultation to assess your tissue thickness and laxity.  You may require a lift as well as an augmentation to restore volume.  The decision of placing the implant in front or behind the muscle would depend on many things.   While in front of the muscle would eliminate what's called animation deformity, if you have to little tissue or thin skin, the implant may be able to be seen easier.  I would discuss this with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person to get a better idea what the best choice is.  Good luck with everything!Dr. Tag

Pole dance competitor wants to replace lost breast volume

Thank you for posting your question.  There are several issues relating to your surgical objectives, your activity as a pole dance competitor, and the changes that your breasts have had as a result of your pregnancy, and to answer them would be best done as part of an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Your thin breast skin, and desire to look natural would usually result in placing breast implants behind the muscle, but this can also result in 'animation deformity' when you contract your Pectoralis muscles as you would be doing while pole dancing, and this might not be acceptable to you.  These are all important questions to discuss during a consultation, and you might  need to compromise some of your goals, but only time spent with an experienced plastic surgeon can help you make the decision that is best for you.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. As an athletic woman using your upper body, an implant placed under the muscle may likely result in what is referred to as an animation deformity. This is a change in the Contour of the breast when the muscle contracts. Although we typically do not place implants above the muscle because of an increased visible and palpably irregularities, this would eliminate the irregularity from the muscle pocket. In your situation, due to the loose skin, you may also require a breast lift procedure. I would also consider that if you place an implant above the muscle, adding fat as a transfer would be something to consider as this would allow greater volume and coverage over the implant. These are multiple questions that require a full consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser- Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. I highly recommend an in-person consultation to assess your tissue laxity before any recommendations are made.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

You have a number of good questions that will require a consultation to answer specifically. However, going in front of the muscle will allow for the fastest recovery and will prevent any animation deformities while flexing your chest muscles. But, there are many advantages of going behind the muscle. Good luck!

Lean Towards Silicone

With your occupation, thin body habitus, and excess skin, I would probably recommend a moderate to high profile, round, silicone implant placed above the muscle.  A high profile implant will help fill out your loose skin and staying above the muscle will not predispose you to a possible animation deformity postoperatively.  You should definitely see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and physical examination to determine whether or not you would also benefit from a small lift.  Thanks for the question and good luck!

Ryan Marshall, DO
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for submitting your photos.Only setting implants will not be enough for you.For getting a good symmetry a mastopexia surgery with  lollipop scar and implants will be necessary .The implants will give your breast a natural look and shape.Also they will  hide your ctria lines.These implants will be set over the muscle for avoiding a double bubble.After 15 days you will be able to dance again.Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon