I had cubital tunnel surgery & month and 4 days later. I had liposuction on the bra area of my back. Any suggestions?

Should I had waited longer to have my lipo surgery? I'm wondering did it do any damage to my ulnar nerve bc I'm still having some sharp pains. Could that lipo had cause more problems

Liposuction After Cubital Tunnel Surgery

A nerve may have been irritated or damaged during your liposuction. Please contact your surgeon. Best, Dr. Emer

I had cubical tunnel surgery and then bra liposuction. Did it affect my cubital tunnel results.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your continued ulnar nerve pain.  Cubital tunnel release for a constricted ulnar nerve often takes several weeks to months to show improvement in symptoms as the nerve is easily irritated.  This is especially true if your nerve was transposed during surgery.  Liposuction may have caused some general swelling to your body tissues which may be exacerbating some of your symptoms but it is always wise to contact your hand surgeon for any worsening pain.  Best wishes.

Liposuction soon after cubital tunnel repair

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It is possible that the positioning during your liposuction aggravated your arm surgery.
  • You need to return to the surgeon who did the cubital tunnel surgery to be checked.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS