I had a BBL and lipo on January 23. How long should I wait to have a tummy tuck?

I was wondering how long I have to wait to get abdomaplasty after I get a BBL with lipo an would my tummy look bad if I don't get a tt. After

Tummy Tuck following BBL with Lipo

Staging operations depends on many factors. If you are fully healed and have a normal hemoglobin, I see no problem with a second procedure after three to six months. After that time, there should be little risk in stressing the BBL during the surgery. Before that time, you risk harming the transferred fat as you are positioned for the abdominoplasty. Talk to your doctor and follow their advice. Nine months following BBL should not be too much of a problem, but it depends on your plastic surgeon's preference. Listen to them and you should do well.

Wait 6 months between BBL and Tummy Tuck

I generally advise my patients to wait at least 6 months between procedures. You want to give your body time to fully heal and for the swelling to completely resolve. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. I usually recommend waiting three months.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Typically I have patients wait 6 months before undergoing any other type of procedure. Without photos it is difficult to give an opinion however, typically after pregnancy women are better candidates for the Tummy Tuck procedure. I recommend discussing your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

I instruct My patients to wait 6 month.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Tummy tuck after BBL

I usually have patients wait about 3-4 months minimum.  You are now almost 10 months out.  Best to check with your surgeon but it should be ok to proceed if you are healthy.

Abdominoplasty questions

Great question.  Timing of procedures in important for optimum recovery and questions.  I think it is time for your consultation to discuss possible abdominoplasty.  Good luck!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Tummytuck after BBL

Victoria.   I usually recommend that my BBL patients wait 3-6 months before having Tummytuck. Since you are some 10 months postop, Go for it! Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Thank you for sharing your question.  I would advise waiting at least three months after your BBL and liposuction before pursuing additional surgery, such as a tummy tuck.  Depending on your skin quality and desired outcome you may not need one, but only through a full series of photographs or an in-person examination can this be determined.  Hope this helps.