I'm 39 and due to weight loss, I'm not happy with my face. I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon and his recommendation

Was a full face laser resurfacing which would also help with some acne scars . I do have skin lupis with typical butterfly around the noise breakout about every three months. It clears up with kenalog and prednisone. The plastic surgeon said the procedure would be fine, however my dermatologist does not agree. Now I'm unsure what to do. Can someone else give their opinion?

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. There are procedures better than laser skin resurfacing for improving the appearance of your face after rapid weight loss. I would consider Kybella - a non-surgical procedure that utilized the only FDA-approved injectable to decrease the amount of submental fullness (or double chin) due to submental fat in virtually no recovery time - as well as the Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift - a surgical procedure that combines surgical and laser techniques to improve the contour of the chin and neck with minimal incisions and rapid recovery time. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.
Please review the Kybella video below and the Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift video on my profile. Thank you, and I hope this is helpful. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fully ablative lasers acne scars and lupus

I agree, fully ablative lasers is not suitable for patients with cutaneous lupus, even under steroid cover. 
I regularly treat patients with lupus and acne scars, in this situation my preferred options include micro needling PRP, dermal fillers and subcision. 

Gentle low density fractional lasers can be trailed. Once again this is on a case to case basis, with monitoring of your lupus activity. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Possible flare

Lupus skin is not predictable and even a test spot is not a guaranty of healing. Microneedling would be a safer option for acne scars and an improvement in wrinkles although not as dramatic as laser resurfacing.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest posting photos. In my practice I use a combination of treatments for acne scars. Best, Dr. Emer