What is the best way to remove a belly ring scar? (photo)

I got my belly pierced 4 times. The first two ripped out and left a really dark scar. The third time the whole was too short so i got it repierced but it is a dark scar all around like the size of a dime. what is the best way to get rid of it especially when your on a budget?

Hole Piercing -- Surgical Revision

This can be improved with surgery.  Please see an expert to determine what treatment is best.  Dr. Emer.

What is the best way to remove a belly ring scar?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Correction will depend on the area of your scar that you are most concerned with.  If you want the scar revised this would require a small incision placed along the edge of your upper belly button but if you are only interested in lightening its color you can try a bleaching cream such as hydroquinone which is a cheaper option.  Hope this helps.

Melarase creams and Plato's Scar Serum

Dark scars can be corrected with a combination of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams to help lighten the skin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS