Breast cancer survivor concerned about lumps in breast post reconstruction with fat transfer.

I'm 4 weeks out from post reconstruction with fat transfer after breast cancer and I have noticed some hard small lumps in the right non cancer breast and 2 lumps in the left breast with a hx of breast cancer

Please see your surgeon

That is normal this early post fat grafting, but you need to see your surgeon to make sure. These can be fat necrosis or oil cyst. your surgeon can help you. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lumps in Breast after Fat Grafting

Common post fat grafting findings include oil cysts and fat necrosis which can manifest as hard lumps. Often these can be followed for signs of improvement but in the setting of breast reconstruction after breast cancer it is important that both your breast surgeon and reconstructive surgeon evaluate you for any lumps as they may warrant further work up.

Nima (Nash) Naghshineh, MD
Beverly Hills Physician