Large moles that has turned blue on buttocks. Gotten larger about the size of pinky finger tip? Much larger than eraser.

Who should I see to have it checked and possibly removed?

Doctor Answers 2

Who Are You Gonna Call?--A Cosmetic Dermatologist--Mole Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. Moles can be improved with lasers, radiowave and shave. Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Changing moles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, any changing or new growths on the skin should be evaluated by a dermatologist, who can evaluate the lesions under higher magnification with an instrument called a dermatoscope. If there are any abnormalities noted, then a biopsy should be performed, and the lesion sent to pathology for further evaluation. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your moles evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.