Is there a way to get rid of fat that injected into the nasolabial fold?

I had fat transferred into my nasolabial fold approximately a year ago. I am dissatisfied with the outcome. When I smile, it looks distorted. I want to know if there's a way to remove or dissolve the fat that was grafted to this area. Thank you.

Hi,
I am sorry to see that fat grafting go wrong  on your face specially over the smile line.
Some good PS can do a minimal liposuction to remove this fat.If you can feel with your fingers some lumpy areas those can be injected with Kenalog that is a locally active Corticosteroid.
I wish you good luck

Removing fat transfer

Removing the fat from the face needs to be done with caution.  Usually a small cannula is used to suction the fat.   Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Small liposuction

You can have a small amount of liposuction done to suck this fat out with a very small canula. Best of luck.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Removal

The transferred fat can be removed with a small liposuction cannula. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon that does facial fat transfers.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon