Is a nose job right for me? (photos)

My nose is ok when I'm not smiling, but feel it is too wide and rounded especially with smiling. I feel like my jaw/mouth is slightly misaligned with my nose as well which really bothers me. I'm wondering if a nose job would help and maybe another procedure for my jaw- thanks

I do not see great benefits from surgery.Your nose is attractive and natural.I would not recommend surgery

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is a nose job right for me?

GreetingsThank you for your question and photos. you look to have a good nose with does not need much change i would recommed you to send profile side photo.

Dear tbm88, To determine if rhinoplasty is right for you I would suggest since many surgeons like myself provide complimentary consultations that you seek consultations with some experts in the field. During the consultation have imaging performed to see the proposed results and decide if these changes would enhance your appearance in the manner you would like. To ensure your surgeon can provide natural looking rhinoplasty results review all of the before and after photographs especially those of noses similar to your own. Personally I believe your nasal tip can be refined to better balance your face however I do not see any issues with asymmetry of the face or jawline that would require any surgery. See examples in the link below of before and after rhinoplasty results and a similar nasal aesthetic in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Options

You are a beautiful young woman.  In reviewing your pictures, you appear to have a parenthesis tip structure that creates a bulbous tip.  It also creates shadows on the sides of the tip.  I know this is medical jargon, but there are options to make your tip more defined and angulated.   You could choose to have a tip rhinoplasty.  Imaging morphing and a consultation can help explain your possibilities and if that would satisfy your expectations.  I hope this helps  

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs and your dislikes about your nose, you may benefit from some minor adjustments such as a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. You may also benefit from an alarplasty which is a technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Is Rhinoplasty Right for Me?

That depends on your goals and expectations. All I can say with these pictures is that your tip is a little full and lacks definition. They do not show any significant facial asymmetry. Please submit a full set of pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation.

Is a nose job right for me?

Only the patient can answer the question as to whether or not a nose job is the correct procedure for them. If there are issues that significantly bother the patient, then consider doing the procedure. The tip of the nose can be made less bulbous,  the bridge line refined, with all  of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose, also known as closed rhinoplasty. For more information and  many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Only you can decide if a rhinoplasty is what you want. Smiling accentuates the width as the tissues are pulled a bit. Best to be seen in person for consultation.

Nose Job Right for Me?

Based on the pictures provided, it does appear as though your nose has a bit of a bulbous tip which could be refined.  It is difficult to make out the jaw/mouth misalignment you're talking about based on these photos.  I recommend you have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area to discuss what can be done to achieve the look you desire.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL