Femilift for vaginal tightening, how tight can one expect? I am not looking for super tight. Just pleasurably tighter.

I am considering femilift. I have a consultation in a couple weeks. I am only interested in vaginal tightening. I do not have any other issues such as incontinence or prolapse. I have two kids (vaginally) and would love my sex life back. I have searched online and only a one or two reviews about femilift vaginal tightening. For instance should one expect about 20% tightening or more? Does the tightening last as if it was normal vaginal skin?

Vaginal Tightening with Femilift

Femilift has been clinically proven to decrease vaginal dryness and decrease pain with intercourse, in post menopausal women experiencing menopause related dryness.  It has another effect in that it causes some tightening of the vagina and improves incontinence, though these data are not as well documented.  I think you can expect the vagina to be somewhat tighter after a series of treatments.  If you want it to be substantially different than it is now, you might consider a surgical treatment instead of CO2 laser. 

Femilift

You cannot really quantify how much tightening.  However, women notice an improvement in sensation, pleasure, dryness, and stress incontinence. 

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Tightening with Femilift

Femilift will result in some tightening, and most reports will quote a 20% result but the results vary in each person. The effect is universal throughout the vagina, although different areas can be treated more heavily than others.  For instance, I may do an extra pass along the lateral sides of the urethra for women who have incontinence. It is helpful for mild symptoms with no downtime and less risk. Surgery done by a skilled pelvic surgery is indicated for more severe symptoms of prolapse. Muscles and ligaments are deeper than the laser penetrates and contribute to pelvic support.  Since all the laser procedures are relatively new, there are no agreed upon guidelines for their use especially with vaginal tightening.  I started offering it before the verdict was out because I see Femilift as an alternative to surgery or use of hormones with practically no risks. It is very important to discuss your expectations with the provider and look into all options for your particular concern. It pays to ask questions and be informed.  

Joi Davis, DO
Pewaukee OB/GYN

FemiLift

Thanks for your question. FemiLift isn’t about percentages but improving internal vaginal health. If you are seeking to increase vaginal tightness, this procedure will only help. FemiLift is intended to help restore sexual gratification and a youthful vagina. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Amount of vaginal tightening with FemiLift

Thanks for your question.  It is my experience that you will NOT get "too tight" with Femilift as no cutting or scarring is going to result in over correction or lack of elasticity. You will get a natural tightening and increase in vaginal moisture with no downtime.  In answer to your question on percentage I think you will get a 20% tightening at least.  There is one internet site with about ninety reviews with 4-5 star satisfaction on tightening as well as improvement of moisture and bladder control.  I have not had a single dissappointed patient with the tightening of the vagina as all have noticed a marked improvement in sexually satisfaction even after just one of the three treatments.  The tightenting lasts as much as 2-3 years and is easily boosted with a touch up dose at that time if necessary. Hope this helps

Dr. ODell 

Where you start determines where you finish with FemiLift nonsurgical vaginal tightening

The odds of an effective vaginal tightening effect with FemiLift increase if the vagina is not too loose to begin with. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with an expert in vaginoplasty and pelvic reconstructive surgery who also offers FemiLift. That way, you will receive a more objective answer to your question.

Improved sensation for you and your partner with FemiLift

Great question! Hopefully, you are a candidate. It certainly sounds like it since you mention that you do not have vaginal prolapse, instead you are experiencing a decrease in enjoyment with intercourse. It is impossible to predict the percentage of improvement that you will experience since there are so many variables regarding sexual fulfillment, but you will very likely notice increased pleasure as will your partner. I have treated hundreds of patients with FemiLift and the majority are happy with their improved vaginal sensation.

This is a great treatment for women who don't feel they're loss of vaginal sensation is bad enough to require surgery, and who don't want the risk of surgery, and who want to avoid the downtime and expense of surgery, and who may want more children. See my latest review from September 2016 on a mother of 3 who recently finished her series.  What do you have to lose?! 

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist