In need of help regarding a Brazilian butt lift? Costs?

Hi I'm in Nirth Carolina and would like to know the average cost for a Brazilian Butt Lift. I would also like to know if after how many days/weeks should it take before I would be able to sit and feel some relief from the pain? Thanks for the help.

Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question. Prices for plastic surgery vary a lot according to experience and board certification of the plastic surgeon, facilities, quality of the practice, region, etc…  Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. Postoperatively, no specific position is indicated and we do not have any sitting restrictions.  The pressure caused by sitting is not sufficient to affect viability of the fat cells and so the postsurgical position depends basically on comfort and any other operations that have been performed. Best is to follow your chosen surgeon's instructions. I suggest you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Thank you for your question.It is important to consult with the surgeon you choose to perform the surgery about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. In regards to the cost, it varies depending on location and surgeon. I can tell you that the RealSelf national average for a BBL is between $6,000-$7,000. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL Procedure

Hello, thanks for your inquiry. Costs varies from doctor to doctor and from region to region. In my practice it starts from 4800 USD. The average time for you to sit down comfortably is 4 weeks, if you need to sit down before that time, because of your work you need to use a doughnut pillow, so you avoid putting pressure in your buttocks for that period time.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The fee for a brazilian butt lift will vary from surgeon to surgeon. You would have to be seen in person to get a proper evaluation.  Often patients can go back to light duty within 3-7 days.

The cost will vary between different states given peri-operative fees, etc. Consider taking off for 10-14 days in order to avoid sitting on your bottom. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon