Is it normal to feel aching and tenderness with discomfort in one incision but not the other? (Photos)

Is it normal to feel aching and tenderness with discomfort in one incision but not the other. One is barely even noticeable to touch and the other give the constant feeling of an aching discomfort including the surrounding area of skin around the incision. There is still more soreness in my left breast than right and I'm wondering if this could be because the left breast was 375Cc saline while the right was only 360cc saline. Incisions are healing nicely and are hardly noticeable when standing.

Different feeling

Thanks for the question.Its normal to feel different between breasts. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regardsDr. Emmanuel Mallol

Discomfort in one incision and not the other

Hello and thanks for your question/pics.
It is not abnormal to have more discomfort on one side compared to the other.  This may be due to a number of factors including implant size (though a pretty minor difference in your case), surgical bra, handedness (right or left), etc, and may shift from one side to the other during your healing process.  While your incisions look to be healing well, you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. 

Best of luck to you!

Ruth Celestin, MD

Incision

Each incision may feel a bit different.  As you recover from the surgery, most incisions soften with time.

Is it normal to feel aching and tenderness with discomfort in one incision ? =ask your plastic surgeon #breastaugmentation #ba

Patients with questions and concerns about their breast augmentation with implants healing process should address those concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation. 

John Mesa, MD

Pain on one side

Thank you for your question.When you are healing you can experience different sensations from one side to the other. The sensory nerves are disrupted during surgery and can cause different sensations from side to side as you heal. As long as the implants feel the same from side to side (one is harder than the other) and they look the same from side to side (one higher or lower), you are just healing. If you notice anything different, then I would recommend contacting your surgeon for an in person evaluation. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Augmentation

After breast augmentation surgery it is completely normal to have different sensations in both breasts. One may be more sore and have more discomfort than the other and this is completely normal. It is important to follow up with your surgeon closely in order to assure proper healing and recovery. Best of Luck to you.

Tenderness

It is not uncommon at all to have differences between the breasts and incisions as they heal. It does not appear that anything is going on, but check with your PS and inquire about scar therapy.

One side more discomfort following breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question.It is very normal for one side to have more discomfort than the other especially in the early post operative period.  I would expect resolution of this sensation with more time.  I would bring up your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your next post operative visit if they are persisting.  If the discomfort is getting worse or you notice redness or swelling then I would be more urgent in speaking with your plastic surgeon.  Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Soreness after surgery

Thank you for your question and photographs.You appear to be healing nicely from your surgery. And yes, it is common for one side to feel a bit different than the other, as each side of your chest is different and there may have been more dissection on once side compared to the other. Also, the size difference may also be a factor in what you feel. Continue close follow-up with your surgeon. Best of luck to you...