I had a full Tummy tuck and have had poor results. Is it me or the surgeon? (photos)

I had the TT with muscle repair and hernia repair two yrs ago. Hoping it would get better with time. Will I be needing a revision? I also didn't have a belly button after my operation.

Not flat tummy after Tummy Tuck

In your case, and in person examination and a photograph of your preoperative condition as well as an operative note would all help to discern what's going on. If there has not been a significant amount of weight gain since your surgery, it may be that there is a fair amount of intra-abdominal fat that's contributing to this bulge. I would recommend that you see your operating surgeon to discuss options.

Tummy tuck results

It is hard to tell what is going on without an examination and operative records to review. I would recommend follow up with your surgeon and an in person evaluation. Good luck. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Abdomenoplasty

hard to tell without better pictures and an exam.  do you have a lot of visceral fat? I mean is there a lot of fat around your organs? that would make your stomach firm and not able to be compressed.  if so this is probably the best that could be done

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Disappointing TT results

Hi NicolewishSorry about your disappointment.
I think to get an improvement, I think you will need some sort of revision surgery.  From the pics alone, it is not possible to tell you what procedure specifically.  Likely you will need a full tummy tuck to achieve what your goal.
I suggest that you start with the original surgeon.  It is important to understand exactly what was done in the first place (mesh placed?  What exactly was the anatomy?, etc.).  Additionally,  You have already a complex course (has the abdomen changed since surgery?), so careful exam and perhaps radiographic studies will be needed to preoperatively diagnose the problems and plan for the best approach.
Sek

I had a full Tummy tuck and have had poor results. Is it me or the surgeon?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is either continued muscle laxity or internal visceral fat, but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - a discrete fluid collection, recurrent hernia, etc. 

I am always hesitant to answer such questions without reviewing before pictures and after pictures from various angles.  In addition, it is helpful to know about the quality of the fascia, any hernias still present or recurring, as well as placement of ports, which can affect plication.
Beverly Hills, CA