Best way to get rid of scar between eyes? (Photo)

For over 2 years now I have had this ugly indented scar between my eyes. It lowers my self-esteem and I'd love to get rid of it or minimize it. What might you reccomend? Do you think a chemical peel might help it? I might be totally wrong.

Doctor Answers 4

Excison or micorneedling or kaser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Options include a local excison, micorneedling which creates micro channels which improves scars, or laser resurfacing. Your treatment needs to be individualized with your dermatolgsit or plastic surgeon .

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From the photo you provided, the scar seems to be raised. If that is the case cortisone injections do great to help flatten scar tissue. Vbeam, a laser works great to get the red pigment out of the scar. If there is any indent, then I would recommend a dermal filler into the area. Best thing to do is to go see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate the area and come up with a treatment plan.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist
4.4 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Best way to get rid of scar between eyes? (Photo)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Scar revision with micro Botox to edges. fee $2,000>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scar and treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The scar appears raised from the photo in which case you would benefit from V-Beam laser and cortisone injections to shrink it. Any indentation can be treated with fillers. Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.