Would this be unrealistic for breast implants? (Photos)

I'm currently a 34a. I'm 5'2 and weigh 110 pounds. I don't mind if my breasts don't look like what most people would consider natural. I basically want them to look like it's possible I was just blessed with amazing genetics lol. I don't want them to look like they're absolutely 100% fake, but I'm afraid that won't be possible for the size and shape I want. I'm planning on probably getting round saline implants placed under the muscle, but I'm not set on that.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

What Is 100% Fake?

Dear Leda1992,  It is impossible for us to comment on what is realistic for you without seeing photos of you now. Also, what you may consider "fake" another patient may consider "perfect". The best advice is to have a consult or two (maybe even 3!) with board certified plastic surgeons and discuss your wishes with them. They will discuss choices and options that should be close to what your expectations are. Good luck. Dr. Gervais. 

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fake, or blessed?

Dear Leda1992,
Without at least seeing photos it is very difficult to comment on what is realistic for you.  Also, we really don't have any way of grading "fakeness",  i.e. what is 50%, 75%, 100% fake?  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon may help with your questions and concerns.  Good luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon#RealSelfCORESurgeon

34 A cup to a D/DD cup size

Impossible to answer your question without evaluating your shape, breast tissue and skin distensability to determine if your goals are realistic.  Keep in mind please that forcing high profile very large implants into your chest may possible look good but is more likely to have risks and complications such as dropdown, displacement, tissue thinning, rippling, etc.  The pictures you show look very good but should be judged equally by how they look and feel five plus years later.  I hate to sound conservative but as plastic surgeons we also see and hear from the women who now regret being overly aggressive.Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to determine realistic goals and to hopefully avoid making aggressive decisions that you might regret later.  Just my advice...best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Would this be unrealistic for breast implants?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Without a full series of pictures or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice but at your frame you should be able to approach the look you desire and it not take the same size implant as someone who is taller or wider.  That said the best recommendation would be for you to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have key breast measurements made and for your to try on different sizers to find the best implant for your body. Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implant selection

You would have to be seen in person to determine what might be right for you. Best to be evaluated in person. Good luck.

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Having said that, it is generally necessary to utilize high or ultra high-profile silicone gel breast implants or saline breast implants to achieve the types of outcomes you demonstrate with the goal photographs.   

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "fake look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.