Would it cost extra to have my fat removed from liposuction moved to other areas?

I would like to have liposuction in my abdomen and things, and have it transferred to my breasts and buttocks. Would I be charged for fat transfer on top of liposuction?

Fat transfer to breast and butt

Fat can absolutely be transferred from an unwanted area to the breasts and/or buttocks.  Fat transfer to the butt is commonly known as the Brazilian Butt Lift.  Plastic surgeons have used fat for contouring the face, breasts, butt and hips as well as for reconstruction for decades.  This is a separate procedure from liposuction and carries a separate price.  While pricing will vary by surgeon, fat transfer is usually more expensive because of the additional expertise and time required.  Many surgeons actually include the cost of fat harvesting (the liposuction portion of the procedure) in the total cost of the procedure.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Fat Transfer

It would be best to consult with your plastic surgeon as pricing can differ from doctor to doctor and for your individual case.

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Extra Cost For Fat transfer

hello, thanks for the question

Normaly every doctor have fees separately for every procedure but its better if you have a consultation first to discuss the issue with your surgeon, sometimes they can give an universal price for both procedures, sometimes don't.

Best of Lucks

Disnalda Matos, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- FEMALE HI DEF PROCEDURE

What you are requesting is a female hi definition procedure. VASER will provide contouring and sculpting with skin tightening and fat grafting will cause lift and enhancement in the buttock and breast. Cost will vary based on physician, location, and the detailed procedure. I suggest consulting with a VASER hi definition body contouring specialist for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Cost for fat transfer

Yes, there will be additional cost for fat transfer vs. liposuction alone.  There is more time and work involved in transfer since the fat must be processed (cleaned) and then injected back into another site. Ask your surgeon to clarify the pricing. Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer after liposuction

There will most likely be a separate fee for the fat transfer as it is considered an additional procedure and it is quite consuming. I suggest you have another consultation with your plastic surgeon to discuss this in detail and to get a revised surgical price quote.
Good lick!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Charge for Fat Transfer

There will definitely be a separate charge for fat transfer as this is a time consuming and tedious process. You would need to have a second consult with your physician to discuss the procedure and expectations as well as pricing. Good Luck.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Unless your plastic surgeon specified the fat transfer as part of their all-inclusive fee there will most likely be an additional cost for the fat transfer.  This as a result of the fat needing to be processed and cleaned before reinjecting it into your desired areas, as well as the additional time in the operating room.  Hope this helps.

Fat transfer - additional cost after liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and fat transfer.

• Some surgeons will give you a global fee that includes the liposuction and the fat transfers.
  • Some will break it down into two fees.
  • Regardless, fat transfers take time to do well and have risks - so it will always cost more than just liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS