Am I a good candidate for for rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am interested in getting rhinoplasty. What do you suggest?

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, therefore a full set of photographs are required to determine  what can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure.  The photographs need to be from all angles, and  not animated, just like described website link below. Some of the issues that are addressed by a  rhinoplasty procedure include shaving down the dorsal hump narrowing bridgeline,  and lifting the tip. For more information  and many examples, see the video and the link below

Good rhinoplasty candidate

Hi there, you could be a good rhinoplasty candidate.  However, it's impossible to tell much from the photo as it does not show your entire nose.  Of course, it all comes down to what your are looking to change in your nose and for that, it's best to consult with a qualified and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to determine the best options for YOUR nose.  Good luck in your search!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

What procedures do I need, and can I get an estimated cost?

From the limited photo forwarded, I would suggest your tip could be contoured and raised.Thank you 

Fred Suess, MD

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and the photo.  The photo is limited but it appears that your tip is long and slanting downwards.  That can be corrected as part of the rhinoplasty procedure.  Some side views would be helpful.  Best of luck! An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is needed to fully evaluate your needs and obtain an individualized medical advice. Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Hello,Your photo is inadequate to make any assessment. Please visit a few rhinoplasty experts in your area.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Your single photo is not adequate to assess your nose. We would need multiple photos of your entire nose from multiple angles to give any reasonable advice.  If you are really interested you should schedule a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Am I a Good

I'm sorry but it is impossible to answer you question with just on picture of your nose. I suggest you post pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation. If you're concerned about privacy submit these pictures to any of the rhinoplasty surgeons who participate in this forum.

Am I a good candidate for for rhinoplasty?

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you whether you are an appropriate candidate for surgery and exactly what to do based on a very limited photo and more importantly without  examining  you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

The photo is really not adequate to make any recommendations. if you are really serious, make some appointments with some good local rhinoplasty surgeons and see what they have to say. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Thanks for your question. As mentioned below, your photos and inquiry do not provide enough information to give you an answer. To determine if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty, there are several items you should discuss with a board certified plastic surgeon:1) Your aesthetic goals. How you want your facial features to look after the procedure will allow your plastic surgeon to come up with a plan to achieve them. It may include other procedures, as well. 2) Your health. Being a good candidate for rhinoplasty, or any extensive surgical procedures, requires you to be healthy enough to endure and recover from the procedure. Prior work and/or trauma to the area should also be discussed. Good luck!