Thinking about Thermage - I am a lady of 75 years and had a lower face lift 7 years ago.

I am a lady of 75 years and had a lower face lift 7 years ago. I have marionette lines and some neck wrinkling. Will my age be a problem in results? I am very good health and weight.

Thermage® is a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after! Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Comfort Pulse Technology, including a vibrating handpiece delivers enhanced patient comfort. On the face, Thermage® can treat sagging skin, loose jowls, lack of definition in the jaw line, sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”), wrinkles and fine lines, and lack of definition in the lips. Around the eyes, Thermage® can treat under eye bags, hooding, rough texture on the eyelids, wrinkles and fine lines, and other contributors to tired looking eyes. Elsewhere on the body, Thermage® can treat wrinkled, sagging or bulging skin as well as the appearance of cellulite! While you will see an improvement immediately, Thermage® usually takes up to 6 months to see the maximum result and this improvement is said to last approximately 18 months. Often patients repeat Thermage® more often to get additional tightening. It's important, of course, to make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist because results can be variable depending on who is performing the procedure.  

Thermage CPT and Ultherapy after face lifting procedures - Williamsville NY

Thermage and Ultherapy are good options to get non surgical face tightening after face lifting. 

Ultherapy uses focused energy and delivery is visulaized by DeepSee or B mode ultrasound.

It is FDA cleared in the U.S. and patients who have had this procedure report high satisfaction.

Read the ultherpy ebook on the link below.

Thermage as maintenance

Thermage is an excellent tool to help maintain skin toghteness between facelifts. You should see better results of you are healthy.

Thermage and Skin tightening the jaw line

Thermage is an amazing laser to tighten up the skin, regardless of age.  Thermage helps the body produce new collagen thanks to the radio frequency technology involved.  The new CPT technology has uniquely positioned Thermage to have some of the best results currently available. You may benefit from some filler such as Juvederm as well in the marionette lines and angle of jaw to improve the appearance.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results who has experience with Thermage.

Thermage Treatments

Thermage CPT uses focused radiofrequency energy to stimulate the body’s own natural renewal process utilizing gentle vibrations interspersed with a cooling sensation to make your treatment comfortable. The Thermage CPT using Total Tip technology delivers the maximum volume of bulk heat for great efficacy and safety.

A Thermage treatment can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time. At my office I do multiple Thermages a week, our patients see results immediately off the table and continue to get improvement with Thermage CPT Total Tip treatments for up to 6 months as their skin regenerates new collagen.

You should still receive collagen stimulation with a Thermage treatment however; you may not get as much stimulation/improvement as someone who is younger. A Thermage treatment may help with your neck but is not the appropriate treatment for marionette lines. The best treatment for a line is the fill it. I prefer to use Perlane in this area.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is right for you.

For more information click on link below:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon