I have deep wrinkles around my eyes and mouth. Can I have botox injections at home? (Photo)

I would like to do the botox injections at home is this poss8?

Botox at home

Botox injections are a medical treatment that should only be performed by trained health care providers in a medical setting.  I have been injecting Botox for more than 15 years...only in a medical clinic.  Stay skintastic. 

Fort Smith Dermatologist

Botox is a treatment that should be administered by a medical professional in an office setting

Thank you for your question shirley44. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions such as the crows feet that are sometimes seen around the eyes when one smiles. Botox is a treatment that should be administered by a medical professional in an office setting. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Seek out an experienced Botox injector

Botox should only be injected by a skilled physician. You may be able to find one in your area that makes house-calls.

However, from your photo and description, the areas you want to see improved – the under eye and mouth – are lacking volume, which would be better suited to dermal fillers.

Mitchell Chasin, MD
Livingston Physician

Can you have Botox injections at home? Absolutely, if you can find someone competent, such as a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, to do it for you. This is a medical treatment however, and typically these are performed in the physician's office.

Botox at home?

Thank you for your question. Botox should only be performed by a trained medical professional, such as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Botox injections are not typically done in a home setting.

Botox is a Medical Treatment

Thank you for your question. Botox is a medical procedure that should be performed in a medical environment. It's important to consult with a board certified physician that is an expert in facial anatomy. It should not be done by an untrained person/professional/doctor at home; increases the chances of ending up with complications. Good luck.

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Injection Botox yourself is dangerous

Thank you for sharing your question. There is serious risk in a non-physician treating him/herself. Botox is not commonly used around the mouth. Have an experienced doctor treat you in the appropriate medical setting. 
Good luck,

I have deep wrinkles around my eyes and mouth. Can I have Botox injections at home?

Thank you for your question. Typically Botox is done in a medical setting by an expert injector. Some injectors do travel to patient's houses. Although most injectors practice out of a clinic or medical setting. 

Hope this helps, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox vs Fillers

Dear shirley44,

Botox treatment is a medical procedure that requires skill of injecting and proper knowledge of facial anatomy. Botox paralyzes the muscles, and you need to know muscle insertion and function to avoid causing facial asymmetry.

From my understanding, the wrinkles that you want to eliminate are the nasolabial folds, commonly known as "smile lines" or "laugh lines," as well as the lines under your eyes. We get them because skin loses elasticity, which causes sagging and deep creases. They can only be eliminated with dermal fillers.

Valentina Lyssova, DDS
New York Dentist

Botox

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon, ideally in a clinic, not in your home.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon