Can voluma be used in the hot summer.

I am 59 and having voluma injected in my cheek area and also in old acne scars around the side of my moth and chin. I am having it done tomorrow which is Monday and leaving for holiday on Saturday. My doctor told me no problem but I'm nervous after reading . I also need the truth about the swelling and and the brusing. Thank you

Voluma injection

Hot weather will have no affect on the Voluma injection. There is always a risk of bruising/swelling with any filler injection, although in the proper hands and using gentle technique, this can be minimized. 

Voluma is safe

Voluma is fine in the summer and the heat will not affect the treatment.
Bruising is always a risk with any treatment, and can occur

Voluma

Voluma can be injected any time of the year including summer. Bruising and swelling is a risk with doing any injectable filler so please speak to your physician about your concerns.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Final Result After Voluma

Thank you for your question.  There is no problem receiving Voluma during hot weather.  In general, after Voluma injection, you will see your final result at 2 weeks postprocedure.  Sometimes it can take a little longer for things to settle in.  Some swelling and bruising is possible and considered normal, but typically there is zero downtime after the procedure.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns and discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Can Voluma be used in summer?

There is no problem with having a Voluma treatment in the summer or when temperatures are hot.  It is possible to have bruising or swelling after an injection but this does not occur every time.  Bruising or swelling can last just a few days but sometimes can last longer.  You should speak with the physician treating you prior to your injection to discuss measures that can be taken to try and minimize bruising.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Voluma be used in the summer?

Thank you for your question. Yes, Voluma can be used in the hot summer. I am located in Hawaii and use Voluma year-round. Swelling is common after filler injections. I advise my patients to avoid activities that cause facial flushing including exercising, saunas, alcohol consumption, heat application, etc. until swelling resolves. Application of a soft ice pack to the treated area for 15 minutes every couple of hours will help with the swelling.

Voluma and heat

The outside temperature should have no effect on your treatment with Voluma.  There is a risk of bruising with any fillers or injections; however, it is usually pretty small.  If you cannot tolerate any risk of bruising or swelling prior to your trip the best thing would be to delay the treatment.  If you choose to go ahead with the treatment before your trip make sure to ice a lot after the treatment to minimize the risks of bruising and swelling.   

Best wishes and enjoy your trip.

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and the heat

Good afternoon,

voluma treatments are not affected by the summer heat.There may be slight bruising or swelling, but that is not caused by the temperature.

Norman M. Rowe, MD