Can I redo frontalis sling fascia lata surgery?

I have bilateral congenital ptosis and I did frontalis sling fascia lata surgery about three years ago. I am not satisfied by the symmetry of my operated eyes.The line of the left eye is much thicker than the line of the right eye. So, is it possible to redo the surgery in order to fix the symmetry?

Possibly yes, the frontalis sling can be revised especially if still droopy. Need to see an oculoplastic surgeon for in person evaluation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fascia Lata Frontalis Sling Revision

Yes, it is possible to have revision of the fascia lata frontalis slings to achieve better symmetry and cosmesis. I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon who is experienced and has plenty of photographs to show you what can be done. There are many techniques, some better than others when addressing the details of the eyelid anatomy. Take your time with this decision and seek more than one opinion. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon