Post tattoo removal pictures. Is it normal to still have that discoloration after that long time? (Photo)

Hello. I had my tattoo removed before 15 months with laser removed. After all this time the scar seems to still have a pink colour and a bit rough surface. Is this normal and will heal over time or it will stay like this forever? Any suggestions on this? Thanks

Scar from Tattoo Removal

So sorry that you got left with a scar. You should go back to your doctor consult about proper wound care.

Laser Tattoo Removal | Ghost Tattoo

You appear to have some depigmentation and scarring from the removal.  Were your treatments too frequent and aggressive?

This is a known and well-described outcome, a risk of the procedure.

To be sure, return to see your provider or see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tattoo Removal healing

Thank you for your question. Based on the amount of time that has passed you are probably fully healed. Although the color has been removed it appears you have been left with a scar, this can be a normal risk of laser tattoo removal. You could speak to your laser technician about scar reduction treatments or you could consult with a plastic surgeon about having your scar removed. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon