Is it normal that hairs significantly shed in one side of frontal area but much less on the other side? (photos)

I'm really worried. I had an FUE procedure of 2500 grafts in July 29, 2016. The objective was to transplant the frontal sides and to thicken the top and crown area which were transplanted before.. Now I am in my 6th week. I noticed that hairs started shedding in the second week until now. Now there is minimal shedding, it almost stopped. My concern is that transplanted hair shed much more on the one side of the frontal area than it did on the other. In the other side it feels like it did not shed at all!!!

Is it normal that hairs significantly shed in one side of frontal area but much less on the other side?

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. In general transplanted hairs will shed but it may vary.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairs significantly shed in one side

yes sometimes transplanted hair shed much more on the one side of the frontal area than it did on the other..it is normal and other side may stay like it did not shed at all...But unfortunatelly you may not have the objective that denser transplantation to the frontal sides and to thicken the top and crown area with that much grfats :(

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Shock loss more on one side than the other

Shock loss more on one side than the other may happen after a hair transplant. This can be prevented with the use of the drug finasteride in most men, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon