Laser to blend chickenpox scars?

I have 4 chickenpox scars on my face. From what I have read they are of the "boxcar" type. My dermatologist suggested laser treatment to blend the edges, but I'm afraid that this will result to bigger scars. I would like your opinions, please. Thank you in advance!

Laser as solution for chickenpox scars

There are so many great options, laser or otherwise, for chicken pox scars, "boxcar" scars or any scars in general.  At our practice we suggest an in-person consultation to assess which option works best for you based on downtime, skin type and time frame.CO2RE by Syneron-Candela is a great laser option and in one to three treatments does a great job reducing the appearance of the scars, sometimes even dramatically.  Our Sublative Fractional RF procedures are a great combination of fraxel and radio frequency which can improve the appearance of the scars and help tighten the skin, after multiple treatments with minimal downtime and discomfort.  If they are reddish in color, I recommend Vbeam treatments.  For stubborn texture, keloid scars or for patients with darker skin types I recommend micro-needling.  Strong chemical peels like the VI Peel can be done in a series with good results as well as regular microdermabrasion treatments.Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Yes lasers can do well for chickenpox scars, but subcision and fillers often make this area better. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.