I'm female, 46 yo and noticed my hair is falling and the front line has very little hair. I have polycystic ovaries. (photo)

Is there something I can do to improve my Frontline hair growth?

Female hair loss

Hair loss can be caused by hormonal imbalances. I advise you to seek the advice of a doctor for a proper evaluation. 

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

I'm female, 46 yo and noticed my hair is falling and the front line has very little hair. I have polycystic ovaries

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

There are surgical and nonsurgical options available to you

A thorough consultation with a hair restoration surgeon will give you answers and options for hair loss in women. Polycystic ovarian syndrome can be one of the many factors in female hair loss, and there are nonsurgical and surgical options available to you.

Craig L. Ziering, DO
West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  There are no medications that will make your hair line grow.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Improving Your Frontline

I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for a formal consultation. There are many options for hair loss: PRP, Progesterone,  Rogaine. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Female hair loss

i would first have my hormones checked, then try Minoxidil. If all lab is normal, seek a respected hair transplant physician near you. Yasou!

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Woman with hair loss and PCO

I have written extensively about female hair loss. You need to see a good hair restoration surgeon that understands this process (see below)

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon