Can someone with a history of DVT do Coolsculpting? I haven't had a DVT episode in 6 years!

I have a strip of fat on my lower belly that doesn't go away no matter how much I exercise. I'm extremely fit. I run for 35 minutes almost daily, and I also do strength training. However, I've had medical issues. I have occasional bouts of CPPS, and I've previously had Uveitis (2012) and two episodes of DVT (2010). Doctors suspected that I had Behcet's, but I didn't meet all the criteria. I am on 80mg of Aspirin and 0.4 Tamsulosin. Can I still do Coolsculpting? Thank you dearly in advance.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to your physician prior to having the treatment. If you are cleared to have the treatment, ensure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in CoolSculpting. Regards, 

CoolSculpting on Patients with Medical Issues

I suggest you talk to your physician, who is the most familiar with your medical history, and get medical clearance before getting treated with CoolSculpting.  In most cases, patients have no issues medically, but it is best to be safe! 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Cool Sculpt with medical history

I would seek a consultation where the machine is overseen by a physician who can check your health history. Zeltiq is studied on healthy well patients so most likely it would be fine but I would seek an opinion where they can assess all your medication and medical issues and see if Cool Sculpt would be helpful to your wishes in the first place.