Fractional laser and isotretinoin. Any suggestions?

hello... i am start using isotretinoin the last 8 days for only 10 mg a day but am planning to do some fractional laser it's ok to stop it and do the treatment ??? Thank you

Legal implications vs your doctors experience

Legally most doctors will ask for a 6 to 12 month wash out based upon old papers in the 80s with fully ablative lasers. Most specialists will be fine with low dose Isotretinoin and Fractional  lasers at a conservative density. It is really up to your Specialist experience as to when you cease or continue Isotretinoin. This is a discussion you will have to have with your doctor. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hello Zakos356,

It is highly recommended that anyone who has been on oral isotretinoin (Acutane) wait at least 12 months and preferably 18-24 months before undergoing any resurfacing procedure.  The reason is that Acutane will affect your skin's ability to heal.  The converse is true for topical tretinoin or retinol, which can actually help speed up the healing.  I would recommend you ask your physician doing the resurfacing on you what his or her recommendations are prior to receiving treatment.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon