Am I a good candidate for medial thigh lift? (Photos)

The PS believes I will see small improvement (it is still an improvement :-) ) with an icision well inside the pubic area. The incision is as at the attached drawing ending in the recess of my buttocks. This incision should not be affected by gravity (does not climb down) and does not pull the labia. Ay thoughs on the recommended by the doctor procedure? He ll remove about 9 cm (3.5 ich). He will also permom knee liposuction. What about the loose skin at the knee area after the liposuction?

Medial thigh lift

Hello and thank you for your question. I wouldn't say you were a good candidate as I would like to see more skin laxity in the upper third of your thigh. You have to weigh the risks of scar migration verses skin removal.

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for medial thigh lift?

The best candidates are those who have a lot more skin laxity than you do. You might get a modest result, but you need to be sure that the trade off of having a scar is what you prefer. 

Am I a good candidate for a medial thigh lift?

The drawing is unclear to me, but the photos do demonstrate skin laxity in the medial thigh area. A complete evaluation would add some valuable information, but it appears that you could benefit from a limited medial thigh lift. This procedure creates only a horizontal or transverse incision line that is parallel to the inguinal crease. The medial thigh is lifted vertically and liposuction is typically a valuable adjunct. The knee area usually responds quite well to treatment with liposuction.  

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that the majority of your skin tissue excess is in a circumferential pattern around your thigh and not vertically up and down it.  Though nothing replaces an evaluation of your tissues it appears that you could have an improvement with a lift but it would entail an incision being placed along the inner aspect of your leg.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.