Can cellfina be done after Cellulaze for stubborn dimples?

Hello, I had cellulaze over a year ago. I saw some improvement on my thighs but I have some deep dimples on my butt that did not change much. I had a bbl, that looks nice but the dimples in some areas make me look like a tufted pillow. Can I try and redo the areas with cellfina? I know supposedly the bands were cut but the lack of improvement makes me wonder if maybe they were missed. Cellfina seems like an easier method for dimples. Would it be a waste? I tried endermology with no improvement

Cellfina for buttock dimples

Buttock dimples are where Cellfina really shines.  Results are real and last a longer time than other treatments. Be really careful when Cellfina  is used around the 'banana roll' and on lateral thighs where the real problem is the entire plate of lateral fat is starting to slide south.  

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

I would try Cellfina. It appears to be more effective than Cellulaze in treating cellulite with excellent 3 year follow up results. We are the first plasttic surgery practice in NJ to have it and are very excited about what it has to offer. You should experience an improvement and are not wasting your time.

On the right track!

Francesca Marie, thank you for your question. I think that you are on the right track with your reasoning. I do think that you should redo the treatment with the Cellfina system. I don't believe that it will be a waste and I do believe that you will most likely see further significant improvement.
You are probably correct in your impression that with your previous Cellulaze treatment, the bands causing the deep dimples in your buttocks were either missed or only partially released. In my opinion, the strength of the Cellulaze laser technology is the ability to reduce the bulging fat surrounding cellulite dimples to give a more smooth appearance. I feel that the Cellfina system, with its cutting blade, is a more aggressive approach to directly releasing deep dimples of cellulite. 
I am pleased to know that you have realized some improvement with these new technologies for treating cellulite, which seem to clearly be an improvement in comparison with previous treatments such as endermology. Again, I am confident that you should see further improvement with a Cellfina treatment, and one year after your previous Cellulaze treatment is an appropriate time to proceed. I also believe that, as in your case, many patients who are appropriate candidates for a BBL procedure would also benefit from a Cellfina system treatment. I personally feel that the ideal sequence for combining the procedures is to perform the Cellfina treatment initially, followed at least several weeks later by the BBL procedure. However that is a topic for a different question.
Dr. Polo

Max Polo, MD

Yes, Cellfina can be done after Cellulaze. You are far enough along that it shouldn't be an issue at all.
Having said that, Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!
There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina and previous Cellulaze

I think that nothing works better for cellulite on the buttock area than Cellfina. I have used Cellulaze for almost 4 years and I think it helps to thicken and tighten skin, so I now use it on the top of the thighs were the issue is not cellulite but skin laxity. Before Cellfina, Cellulaze was the best choice for cellulite in my hands, but technology continues to improve and Cellfina works very well for cellulite on the buttocks and back of the thighs. So I think using Cellfina on your persistant buttock cellulite is a good idea and should give you improvement in that area.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Cellfina provides improvement in cellulite that lasts

Hello, and thank-you for your question.

Cellfina is the latest break through for the treatment of cellulite. We are very excited to be one of the first 25 providers world-wide to offer this safe and effective solution for the treatment of cellulite. Cellfina targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of dimples and depressions of the buttocks and outer thighs. Our patients have seen exceptional results!  We have performed Cellfina on individuals who had previously undergone treatment with Cellulaze or BBL with excellent improvement in buttock cellulite.

Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. No sedation or general anesthesia is required.The procedure is a minimally invasive with essentially no or very little downtime. Our patients note some soreness for a couple of days but are able to returned to work the next day after the procedure. There is generally some swelling and bruising. The bruising may take up to 3 weeks to resolve if there are a large number of dimples released. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Best Regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina after Cellulaze

Cellfina after CellulazeThe buttock area is probably the best area so far for Cellfina treatments.  You will probably find this easier and less expensive than cellulazeUsed on moderate to severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.

There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite.

Cellulite treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. 

Cellulite Dimples

Deep dimples on the buttocks are improved by Cellfina. I doubt that it would be a waste. The treatment is an in-office procedure that takes approximately one hour to complete.

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute