Masturbation four days after labiaplasty, did I do irreversible damage?

I gave into some light clitoral masturbation 4 days out from my labiaplasty procedure. I thought it would be fine since I have no stitches on the area I was rubbing, however I just checked online and everyone seems to be saying absolutely no sexual acts (even non penetrative masturbation) until at least four week. I felt no pain during/after the act, and all of my stitches are still in tack, however I'm bleeding a small amount. I had the trim technique done, do you think I might have ruined it?

No, you're probably fine

But it's best to let the tissues heal before stimulating the area. Try your best to be patient and follow instructions. The trim takes longer to heal so take your time.

Masturbation after labialplasty

Hi and thanks for submitting your question. Ideally nothing should really interact at or near the surgical site. Besides the general concern for potentially disturbing the stitches, I would also be concerned about infection of the surgical site. 

I would avoid any genital contact for 6 weeks to allow for full healing.

Kurian Thott, MD
Fredericksburg OB/GYN

When can I pleasure myself ("masturbation...") after labiaplasty?

...Not the best idea to chance self-pleasuring so soon after LP, but dont worry- from your description you didn't mess anything up. Reason we say no masturbation for a few weeks is that sometimes self-pleasuring can get intense & "stray..." Best to stay with breasts & anus for 3 weeks LP, and 4 weeks LP + hood.  Here's to you for good sex!!

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA USA

Masturbation 4 days post labiapalsty

Thank you for your question and post. It does not sound like you did any damage, however without pictures it is impossible to give an opinion. I would recommend immediate follow-up with your surgeon for an in  office evaluation.
please follow all of your post instructions carefully to  attain the best cosmetic results.

Masturbation After Labiaplasty

As long as you are feeling ok and have not noticed any changes, I think you are fine.  However, it is true that you want to be very careful in that area for a good 4-6 weeks afterwards.  It takes 6 weeks for the tissues to get to the 80% strength level, so you want to be careful in the first month.  Some light pressure in the clitoral area should be fine moving forward, but I would hold off for at least a week or so before trying it again.  I hope this helps.

Masturbation 4 days post operatively Labioplasty

Hello Sara,

It is always advised to not touch the area with your fingertips nor have any sexual acts to the Labia Minora for 6 weeks after surgery. It is important to not have any friction aggrevate the area

Without viewing photos, it is difficult to see if any damage was done to the area. 

I suggest contacting your operating physician for a follow up exam just to make sure everything is fine. 

We wish you the best in your medical future.

Without a full series of postoperative photographs it is difficult to say if you injured or disrupted your labiaplasty healing.  It is recommended to not have any friction, shearing, or direct force applied to the area so as to not disrupt any sutures or cause them to dissolve prematurely.  If your recovery has changed in either sensation or drainage since masturbation best to see your surgeon for an in-persone evaluation.