When can I wear hat after hair transplant?

The Day After (But Ask Your Doctor)

Thanks for your question. The specific answer really depends on what type of hair transplant you undergo, as well as what type of hat you'll be wearing. Generally, however, it's safe to put on a hat the day after your treatment. As always, your own doctor should have the final say in the matter. 

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Hat after hair transplant

My patients often ask this question. I tell my patients the next day, although I would suggest asking your doctor.

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wearing hats

I give all of my patients a truckers hat after the hair transplant routinely to cover the work as they socially integrate

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need to ask your doctor if you have post operative questions. In general you can wear a hat the next day.

You need to ask your doctor if you have post operative questions.  In general you can wear a hat the next day after surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wearing hat after hair transplant

I put a hard topped sport cap on to head of my transplant patient at the end of operation . İmportant point is that what you use to cover  the area should not touch to grafts for first 1 weeks

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hat

Normally as soon as the next day depending on the type of hat and extent of transplant. Ask your doctor to make sure. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist