Tubular breasts? Options? (photo)

hello I am booked in for a consultation with a breast augmentation surgeon I am just wondering if they are tubular. I think they may be. At the moment ( picture ) I am cold so the nipple is not in its full relaxed state ( usually the nipple blends in with the aerola almost completely ) I am 22 no children and would like to know what surgery I may need to have the desired outcome ( non cone shaped, non puffy nippled breasts ) thank you very much in advance. I am based In the UK.

Tubular Breasts

You do not have tubular breasts.  They are a normal natural shape.  The breasts can be made more rounded with a breast augmentation, but this will increase their size.

Any alteration to your nipples would leave more obvious scarring and is probably best left.

I would suggest you seek an opinion from a BAAPS surgeon.  They will be able to advise you on the merits and limitations of the treatment options

Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Your photos don’t appear to show tuberous breast deformity.

Although there’s no substitute for an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, it appears that your breasts aren’t tuberous. Common characteristics of tuberous breast deformity include breasts that are very narrow or constricted in appearance, as well as breasts that have puffy areolas and nipples that are close to the inframammary fold. A breast augmentation with a board-certified plastic surgeon should be able to address your appearance concerns for more aesthetically pleasing results.

Tubular Breasts

Looking at your picture, it doesn't seem that you have tubular breasts. A straight forward breast augmentation would benefit you most and you seem like a great candidate for it.  

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Tubular breasts? Options?

Fortunately you do not have tubular breasts.  A breast augmentation with the breast implant can improve breast shape.  Please consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Tubular Breasts?

There are certain conditions of the breasts and one’s called tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations of it. But basically, that’s a growth and development problem that creates a lot of angst for a young woman. There is also the possibility that you have basic ptosis (sagging) which is also a very self-conscious condition for many young women.

There are various procedural options for the correction of these issues. A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. Good luck to you!

Tubular breasts?

The photo which you have shared does not depict tubular breasts. While the relative position of the nipples is low and sits just below the center of the breast, breast enlargement surgery with implants should provide you a successful enhancement. 

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

From  this photograph it does not appear that you have tubular breasts.  Tubular breasts tend to look  narrow (narrow base).  One may have a puffy areola as a result of the herniation of the breast tissue into this area.

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

No tubular breast condition

Hello,  thank you for your question and photo.   You don't have tubular breast.   A breast augmentation with implants will get the results you want.  Consider to consult with a certified plastic surgeon in your area for a correct treatment. Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tubular breasts? Options?

Thank you for the question and picture. Although I understand your concerns, I do not think that there is anything "wrong" with your breasts.  I also do not think that your photographs demonstrate most of the features constricted with tuberous/constricted breasts.  The only feature present, possibly consistent with mild constriction, is the presence of  somewhat wide and "puffy" areola?  Regardless of the semantics, you may be a candidate for breast surgery (given your concerns) at some point. With your arms elevated, it is difficult to ascertain whether you have breast ptosis ( in which case you would benefit from breast lifting surgery as well).

Generally, some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).

Given that your breasts' appearance is of concern to you, you may benefit from in-person  consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns, goals, and options. It will be important to learn about the pros/cons/risk/complications associated with all options discussed and time any planned surgical procedure according to your life circumstances.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. You'll find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to patients with constricted/tuberous breasts. Best wishes.

Tubular breasts

Your photo does not demonstrate tubular shaped breasts. I believe all that is needed is a breast baugmentation for enlargement. Be sure your consultation is with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon