What is the best treatment for bad lines under the eyes going down into the cheeks and nose? (photos)

I have Botox on my forehead and crows feet but underneath my eyes is a mess and even around my mouth. Is a face lift the better option? I've had fillers before but don't like the swollen look and I'm unsure as to if it is safe for the areas I need treating

Periorbital rejuvenation

There are several ways to rejuvenate the periorbital region. You have already had Botox for lateral canthal lines (crow's feet). The crepey skin under the eyes could be improved with several treatment options. Fillers such as Belotero or Restylane would help with any volume loss and provide some support to the thinned skin. Botox, in the appropriate patient without weakening of the orbicularis oculi muscle, could help with any dynamic undereye lines. Non ablative and ablative lasers could be used to improve the skin quality as could microneedling. Ultrasound or RF devices such as Ultherapy or Thermage could be used to increase collagen and tighten the skin. Finally, topical skin care such as an eye cream containing hyaluronic acid and retinol could help plump the skin and improve skin quality.

Fillers and fractional CO2 laser

Thank you for your question faith. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. For wrinkles under the eyes fractional CO2 lasers work well and fillers can address volume loss in the mid and lower face. If done correctly, a swollen look should not be evident. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician