My teeth are chipping along my gum line, what can my dentist do to help fix them?

My teeth have been chipping in small amounts along my gum line, but not it becoming a visible problem. The worst areas are my bottom canines and my top front incisors, the latter revealing a single, small spot of decay almost between my teeth. I'm unable to use the best branded enamel repair toothpaste as it causes my mouth to burn, is there some other way I can build it back up and get my teeth looking healthy again?

Doctor Answers 1

Class V caries

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on your description, it seemed that you have class V caries.  There is no over the counter product that you can use to build it up.  You will need to go see a dentist to get a filling.  I would recommended that you do it sooner rather than later.  The larger the caries/decay gets, the more complex the dental procedure will be.

Federal Way Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.