Are there non-surgical treatments that exist in order to correct an underbite?

I have a class III malocclusion- a 5mm underbite and my old dentist told me that braces and jaw surgery was the only solution in my case and recommended getting a second opinion from an orthodontist however I never did and did not go through with the procedure. With all this being said, I want to know if surgery is the only way to go and if there are other non-surgical solutions?

No doctor answers yet