Am I suitable for a full or mini tummy tuck to correct stretch marks and tummy-button? (photos)

My main issue is my crinkle-button and stretch-mark art. I'm considering a tummy tuck, but am worried the scar will be very high. With weight loss & exercise my tummy firms up slightly and flattens.....stretch mark and crinkles are the same. Do I have the enough laxity to achieve an extremely low scar? Will a firmer stomach heighten the scar or shall I stay the same/put on weight(to create more stretch) or n/a? Can my c-section scar be used as an incision guide? Many thanks in advance :-)

Mini tummy tuck suitability

The results you are looking for can only be achieved with a full tummy tuck. Judging from your pictures you are a good candidate for this procedure. Most likely you would have a higher incision than your C section incision because you don't have a great deal of extra skin. However, it looks like your incision would be below your pant line. A firmer stomach will actually lower the scar.

Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck options

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck which can:
-remove all or most of the skin between your pubic bone and your belly button
-tighten your abdominal wall
-rejuvenate your belly button
A mini tummy tuck on the other hand would only partially tighten or stretch the skin below your belly button.
In terms of keeping the incision low, that will require your plastic surgeon to design your tummy tuck so that the final incision location is at or just above your pubic bone.  Seek consultations with well trained plastic surgeons in your area and look at their before and after photos as well as their online reviews.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

TT Vs. Mini TT

Hello, thank you a lot for the enquire.

After seeing your photos, i can identify that you're a thin woman with enough sagging skin and numerous estretch marks in the abdomen.

In my experience with this type of patients, i've done the Tummy Tuck with abdominal rectis muscle repair and back and waist liposuction, and the results have been excellent, with correct positioning of the scar.

Best regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Full versus mini TT ?

In my opinion, a mini tummy tuck will provide you with a shorter incision and significant disappointment.  By the photos, if a full TT were undertaken, the scar would likely be lower than your present C section scar which is relatively high.  Another option is for a very low horizontal incision would be to utilize a vertical closure of the umbilicus.  Unfortunately only an in person evaluation will better be able to predict the height of your TT incision.  Best of luck

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hi
You look like you would be a good candidate for a full abdominoplasty.  The skin below your belly button would be excised and your belly button wouldhave a narrower, rejuvenated appearance.  The stretch marked skin above your belly button would be tightened, but it is unlikely that all of the abnormal skin could be excised.  Your C-section scar isn't ultra low, but can be certainly excised to get your new scar as low as possible.
All the best with your journey.   

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thanks for sharing our story and images.
You would be an ideal candidate for a full tummy tuck, with the scar being at the same level if not lower than your existing C-section scar.

Putting on weight won't help the surgery, in fact losing weight would be better.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Work type of tummy Tuck

from your pictures it is difficult to determine the whether you could tolerate a full tummy tuck with a low  incision below her C-section scar. without examining you it would be my educated guess that you should be able to have a full tummy Tuck  and rid yourself of your C-section scar, most of your stretch marks and have a very pleasing abdominal contour.

David J. Goodkind, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for full Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)

While it is advisable to have in person examination with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon, the photos suggest that you would be a candidate for a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

The belly button is not addressed at all with a mini tummy tuck.  You would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction and belly button revision.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

The real answer needs an exam to really know whether the skin directly above your belly button will make it all the way to the bottom. If not you would end up with a short vertical scar rising up from the horizontal scar. I would be careful about the usual mini tummy tuck because I do not think your skin will shrink enough afgter the liposuction. Likewise I would be careful not to float your belly button down since it already looks to be lower down on your waist. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD